Your Best Interests Are

Our Top Priority

 August 5, 2015 |

Recently, this blog discussed how the amount of child support a noncustodial parent owes to a custodial parent is calculated. Though there may be some fluctuation in the final amount determined, that does not mean that the amount is final until the end of time. There are many situations that may warrant a child support modification, which may correspondingly raise or lower your monthly payments. Amongst these situations are the sudden loss of a job, the onset of an unexpected medical condition, or a promotion or change to a better paying job.

It is important to remember that the court will always look to the child’s best interests when determining child support. Accordingly, the court may assess your income, the child’s schooling, extracurricular, and medical expenses, and other, everyday costs associated with raising the child. It may seem obvious when a court should modify the child support amount, but this is not always the case. In several instances, the court wants to hear a strong legal argument for why the amount should change. This is why the skills of an experienced attorney can be so beneficial in these matters.

The legal team at the Rowe & Manning Law Firm LLC is dedicated to helping those who are experiencing divorce issues, including child support. Our professionals strive to provide optimal service, ensuring that every client receives the individualized attention he or she deserves. We can negotiate matter with the opposing side and, when needed, persuasively present our clients’ legal arguments to a judge.

Going through a divorce can be one of the most difficult time in an individual’s life. And yet, even when everything is finalized, the matter can often rear its head back into a person’s life. When this happens, it might be a good idea to speak with an attorney who can help discuss legal options that protect the individual’s best interests.

    Contact Us

    Let Us Earn Your Trust.

    Schedule a confidential consultation with an attorney at 225-452-4408.