Your Best Interests Are

Our Top Priority

 October 21, 2015 |

Child support is often one of the most hotly contested issues in a divorce, and for good reason. As we highlighted in last week’s post, your child support obligation can be expensive and long-lasting. For some, their child support obligations can leave them facing financial difficulty. Yet, the same is true for custodial parents on the other end. Without the continued and consistent financial support of a noncustodial parent, these individuals may be unable to adequately provide for their children.

Neither option is ideal, which is why it is important to strike the right balance. But circumstances change, and what once worked may one day be insufficient. When this happens, parents may want to consider seeking a modification of the child support order. For example, if you have recently lost your job or find yourself facing extensive medical costs due to a new illness, and you owe child support, you may want to see if you can have your child support obligation reduced. On the other side, if a noncustodial parent takes a better job and is suddenly making significantly more money, then you as the custodial parent may want to seek modification for an increase in support.

No matter which side you fall on, you are likely to face resistance. Sometimes it can be easy to fold to the other side, whether to avoid conflict or because you think it is as good of a deal as you can get. However, you don’t want to cut yourself short. This is where a diligent, competent, and aggressive law firm, like the Rowe & Manning Law Firm LLC, can step in to help.

Our dedicated and experienced legal team does everything in its power to ensure our clients are fully informed of the law and how it applies to their case. We also vehemently represent our clients’ interests, whether at the negotiation table or the courtroom. When you are talking about you and your child’s financial well-being, you should expect nothing less.

    Contact Us

    Let Us Earn Your Trust.

    Schedule a confidential consultation with an attorney at 225-452-4408.