Your Best Interests Are

Our Top Priority

 June 14, 2017 |

We’ve devoted a significant amount of our recent posts to issues involving child support, and for good reason. As we discussed previously, raising a child is becoming more expensive. This fact, coupled with the high divorce rate in Louisiana, means that many custodial parents are left struggling to find ways to make ends meet. Perhaps the best way for them to find the financial stability they need and deserve is to pursue child support from a noncustodial parent.

The process of obtaining a child support order can be challenging, though, and so, too, can enforcing it. Far too many noncustodial parents skip out on court hearings and fail to live up to their child support obligations. When this happens, Louisianans need to know how to utilize the legal system to protect their children’s rights. By doing so, they may be able to garnish wages and even have an individual’s licenses suspended.

The Rowe & Manning Law Firm LLC has helped many Louisianans fight for the child support they need. Our team of legal professionals know enforcement options available to custodial parents, and we work hard to ensure they are able to recover as much support as possible. Additionally, when circumstances change, we have aggressively pursued child custody modification on behalf of our clients. Situations that would warrant such a tactic may include an increase in a noncustodial parent’s income or increased expenses related to caring for the child, such as unexpected medical costs.

Of course, child support matters are often hotly contested, especially if they are part of a nasty divorce. By obtaining the assistance of a qualified legal professional, parents can expect to have their interests fully represented in a clear-headed manner that focuses on the end goal. For that reason, those who find themselves in this situation may want to consider acquiring legal help.

    Contact Us

    Let Us Earn Your Trust.

    Schedule a confidential consultation with an attorney at 225-452-4408.